Hey guys! I hope this week started off great for everyone and you all are feeling motivated to start your week off with healthy choices and some serious fat- blasting workouts!
I hear people every day talking about their metabolism. They say ” I cant help that I don’t lose weight, I just have a slow metabolism.” Or ” You are so skinny, you must have such a high metabolism, lucky you.” People use their metabolism as an excuse for not living a healthy life. I have good news for you though, metabolism is not just about genetics! You can do something to speed it up, so you can use it to your advantage. Knowledge is power, and knowing these easy changes you can make in your life will make a huge difference to your metabolism and health.
- Don’t skip breakfast– It really is the most important meal of the day. It doesn’t have to be a big meal, just something healthy to rev up your metabolism and kick start your fat burn for the day.
- Hit the weight room– This is one of the best and most important ways you can really speed up your metabolism. In my opinion it is the most crucial. The more lean muscle you have the faster your metabolism, thus the more calories you will burn throughout the day. The reason for this is muscle burns about three times more calories than fat. This can definitely add up!
- It’s in the water– Literally. When you are dehydrated your metabolism slows. Studies have shown that people who get their 8 glasses of water burn more calories throughout the day than those who don’t.
- Take a coffee break– Ahh! What good news for those of us who need this to get both eyes open in the morning. Coffee gets your heart pumping and gives you a temporary metabolic boost.
- Cardio– With spring upon us, it is the perfect time to get outside and kick start your cardio. Studies have shown that 45 minutes of cardio will keep your metabolic rate up 12 hours after the initial workout.
- Switch things up with intervals– On the days when you aren’t doing 45 minutes of cardio try to throw some interval training in there. Bouts of speedy, intense exercises will make your metabolic rate sky rocket. It keeps your body guessing, thus making it work much harder and burning the calories long after the workout is over.
- Get some sleep– Just one of the many reasons to get the recommended 6- 8hrs of sleep. Research has shown a correlation to not getting enough sleep and weight gain. Try your best to get a good night’s rest and you will see it on your waist line.
- Don’t skip meals– Skipping meals can trick your body into thinking it is starving, which causes it to hold on to extra calories. This demolishes your metabolism and weight loss goals.
I hope I have shed some light on ways you can boost your metabolism to reach your health and fitness goals just in time for the warmer weather.
Okay, now on to the workout! This is not for the faint of heart. This is serious and you will sweat, your body will ache and you will burn major calories. If you can’t finish, don’t feel bad, but don’t sell yourself short either. Your body can do a lot more than you think it can, trust your body and push yourself to the max.
20:10×8 Each exercise you will do tabata style, which means each exercise you will do for 20 sec with a 10 sec break and repeat 7 times before moving on to the next exercise. take a 1 min break after each tabata.
(Don’t forget to head over to my exercise dictionary page for links to the exercises in the workout.)