I hope you guys are having a great week so far.
Yesterday I took Joseph to school after he missed friday (he goes Tuesday and Fridays) and had to go pick him up two hours later because they could not calm him down. He was restless and wanted his mommy. I knew it was going to happen; he missed Friday and we have been on vacation. I think it will just take a few days to get back into a routine, but at least I know how he acts after being off his schedule (not well!).
As promised, I have a delicious black bean and quinoa burger recipe.
I seriously LOVED these and they were extremely easy. They were also really great for lunch the next day.
2 cans of black beans (drained and rinsed)
1 cup plain rolled oats (ground in blender.)
1/2 cup quinoa
1 egg (beaten)
2 garlic cloves
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Add quinoa to 1 cup of water and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and cook for 10- 15 minutes or until water is absorbed.
2. Saute onion and garlic until onion is transparent- about 4-5 minutes.
3. Combine garlic and onion with a little over half the beans and mash with fork or hands. ( I used both.)
4. Stir in the rest of the beans, beaten egg, cumin, salt and pepper.
5. Stir in cooked quinoa and ground rolled oats.
6. Form patties- I was able to make 6.
7. Heat about 1/8 inch olive oil in pan.
8. Cook patties until brown and crispy on each side, about 5-6 minutes each side.
Add your choice of toppings! I used avocado, onion, tomato and ketchup.
Side note: bare with me on the recipes- I am still a newbie at cooking and experimenting with recipes, so if the directions don’t completely make sense please let me know- I am trying!
Enjoy your Wednesday!