I know- the title sounds like a bad Miley Cyrus Video, but I promise this will be nothing of the sort.
Last night while I declared myself bedridden because I STILL have a cold and decided I needed rest (Thank you Charlie for keeping Joe alive), I remembered the ElfYourself app that was out around Christmas and immediately laughed out loud. My heart skipped a beat when I realized I had won this battle against the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day because I STILL had the video’s saved in my email!
Heather-1 Monday- 0
That photogenic beast without shades on is my brother- ladies, he is single, so holla at your girl if interested. 😉
Okay, that’s all for the funny stuff, but stick around kids, you might actually learn a thing or two.
I know this is not the most glamorous topic, but it is a necessary one and one that most people overlook because it seems boring! I am here to break it down for you in one short post so at least you know the gist of it, and you might think twice before going straight from the office to the pavement, weight room or fitness class.
- Joint mobility exercises are basically moving your joints through their full range of motion.
- This in turn provides synovial fluids and flushes out the toxins in the existing fluid. This is CRUCIAL FOR AVOIDING INJURY AND HEALING THE JOINTS.
- I recently read an article that said if there ever was a fountain of youth joint mobility exercises would be it- meaning it keeps your body from aging! It relieves the aches and pains that come with aging because you are creating lubricant for the joints. Just like the Tin Man- we need a good oiling regularly to move as freely as we want.
- Many people experience back pain from sitting at a desk all day; one of the causes is your hips getting tight, therefore when you go to do activities your body relies on OTHER body parts (i.e. your lower back). It is a vicious cycle.
- Body parts that can benefit most from joint mobility work:
– Upper and lower back
- I have found it most convenient to work it in before my workout as part of my warm- up.
- Below is a list of websites and YouTube videos that will show you a few exercises.
Oh yea, don’t forget to check out my Facebook Page for more totally rad health and fitness fun.
Did you guys have the ElfYourself app?
What do you do to avoid a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day?