For the creepers who clicked on this thinking it would coincide with some sort of pervy fetish, please make your way to the nearest exit.
Now that we have gotten rid of the weirdo’s- did everyone have a good weekend? Ours was eventful and spent with great friends.
First off- check out this sweet shirt I accidentally wore running in my neighborhood ..
Seriously?? No wonder I got so many honks. At least I didn’t have Joseph.. ha! That would have been funny..
I bought this shirt at a thrift store years ago and didn’t realize at the time what it said on the back. I really don’t know why I haven’t given it BACK to them. It seems like I always wear it at inappropriate times- which would be anytime I am not in the privacy of my own home.
We attended a lovely wedding at Creekside Plantation- a beautiful, historic plantation home situated on several acres of green gardens and an enchanted vineyard.
After the ceremony, the shenanigans began! The reception was outside under the pavilion. I didn’t get any pictures of it, but the one below is from the website.
Of course no wedding is complete without a photo booth!
That stud in the middle is Charlie’s cousin, Russ; he would be pretty upset if he knew I put this picture on here- then again, his wife posted it on Facebook, so I think I am in the clear..
Joseph stayed the night with Charlie’s parents, so we took advantage of having a sitter and ran some errands the next day. We went to Marshall’s to buy Charlie dress socks, wondered into the underwear isle and hilarity ensued. I swear we were giggling like 12 year old boys who sneaked into the lingerie isle without their mom knowing.
I had to talk Charlie out of getting the neon green ones. For those of you who know my husband, know I’m not kidding..
I did purchase a foam roller for $15.00! It isn’t the fanciest, but it is my first one so it is a good starter.
I was able to workout a little, even with the busy schedule. I did a trail run on Saturday, followed by Julie’s Super Sweaty Ab Workout. It was quick and intense- perfect for adding to any cardio or strength workout.
I (meaning Charlie) also made a potato salad recipe I found on Pinterest. It is oil based- a bit of a healthier option as opposed to mayonnaise.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 00 minute
Yield: Serves 4
This Garden Vegetable Potato Salad is a fresh mix of red potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, and red onion sprinkled with oregano and tossed in a simple oil and vinegar dressing.
- 10 petite red potatoes, boiled, quartered
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and fresh-ground pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add potatoes and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Cut each potato into fourths.
- Combine potatoes and the rest of the salad ingredients in one large mixing bowl; set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Add minced garlic, salt, and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Continue to whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Adjust the salt, pepper, or the proportion of oil and vinegar to taste.
- Gently stir dressing into salad.
- Cover salad with plastic wrap and set in fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Mix and serve.
*Total Time includes refrigeration time.
That about wraps it up. I’ll leave you with some pictures of my oh, so adorable child eating his veggies and quinoa like a well behaved gentleman should.
Have a great Monday!