I hope everyone is having a great week and enjoying the holidays.
I have to admit that I have not been able to exercise as much as I would like to this time of year- it is my way to relieve stress and center myself. Although I haven’t been able to workout I have been getting my heart rate up and building muscle with all of the errands and holiday shopping I have done. Afterall I do carry around a 17 lb weight with me everywhere I go.. This doesn’t exactly relieve stress but I am burning calories.
One way I HAVE been able to stress less is getting all of my Christmas shopping done! I have, for the most part, purchased everyone’s gifts. I can’t believe it, considering how BIG of a procrastinator I am. I just kept think how bad the crowds will be if I waited, and I know tis’ the season to be jolly, but most people are quite the opposite when it comes to crunch time and I don’t want to get involved in all that..
Since we are on the topic of gifts, I wanted to give you my list of the best ones for the fitness lover in your life, or just anyone trying to kick start the new year with a healthy body and mind.
1. Toeless yoga socks- I absolutely love these bad boys! They are cute and are great for, not only your favorite yogi, but for anyone who prefers to do their workouts barefoot. The best part- you can get them for anywhere from $7.00- $15.00!
2. Kettlebell- This is one of my favorite fitness investments. It is great at multitasking! You work up a sweat AND build some serious muscle. A lot of kettlebell’s come with a dvd to teach you how to use it, along with a workout.
3. Post headstand headhugger by lululemon- I am a big fan of headbands. My hair is pretty thin and straight and there is not much I can do with it, but headbands always seem to look great no matter the occasion. I love this one because it is great to workout in. It absorbs the sweat and doesn’t feel too heavy or hot.
$18.00 at lululemon.com
4. Giro Tessa Cycling gloves- After my first mountain biking experience, which I loved, I was really sore and that doesn’t exclude my hands. It hurt while I was riding and even though it isn’t as bad, I know gloves would definitely make the experience more comfortable. Although I haven’t tried these yet I have done my research and they are my choice. They seem to be the best product for the money, so we shall see!
$26.00 at Giro.com
5. Foam roller- The foam roller has become a hot commodity lately, and for a good reason. This is one of the great multi- taskers of the fitness world. You can use this as an exercise tool, physical therapy, massaging the muscles and balance training.
$24.99 at Target.com
6. Resistance bands- Plain and simple these are a great way to get in shape and they are easy to travel with. Some bands come with instructional dvd’s and there are tons of websites out there with great information on exercises you can do with them.
$25.99 at Target.com
7. Yoga mat- I know it seems like such a simple gift, but it is an essential piece for anyone who takes yoga classes or just works out at home. They range anywhere from $10.00- $50.00+
Have you finished your holiday shopping?
Are there any fitness gifts that made your wish list?